- Accounting, Accounting Operations
- Contract To Hire
- Norristown, Pennsylvania
- Job ID:
- Nicole Goodwin
Accounts Receivable Administrator – Norristown Area
Large healthcare organization in the Norristown area is hiring for an Accounts Receivable Administrator to join their growing, dynamic team. This position is open due to an internal promotion and is an excellent opportunity for someone with over 5 years of senior level AR experience. This role will be part of an 5 person AR team and will focus mainly on areas of cash applications and collections duties, among other accounting projects.
This role is temp to hire.
Accounts Receivable Administrator job description:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounts Receivable Administrator requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree a major plus OR Associates Degree with additional years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in accounts receivable – with experience in cash applications and collections
- Strong Excel skills – vlookups/pivot tables are a plus
- ERP software knowledge – SAP, Oracle or Great Plains
- Ability to work well as a team and independently