- Help Desk
- Direct Hire
- Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
- Job ID:
- Brian Longo
IT Helpdesk Technician – Level 2
Become a member of a specialized team that provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support for all technology related issues within the company's computing environment as an IT Helpdesk Technician.
- Act as the initial telephone contact for all calls, emails, and voicemails coming into the Solution Center
- Provide 2nd level deskside support for hardware related issues
- Respond to assigned tickets/tasks in accordance with SLA guidelines
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Inform Supervisor of any and all technical support documentation that needs updating/amending when needed.
- Troubleshoot Windows Desktop and Microsoft Office applications
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- React to service outages promptly with adherence to standard operating procedures
- Take ownership of tasks and follow through to ensure complete resolution
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading hardware/software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- 2+ years’ experiences working as an IT support technician in a corporate environment.
- Associate degree in a technology related field or equivalent training.
- In-depth understanding of Windows desktop operating system and basic knowledge of Windows networking
- Knowledge of AD, DHCP, DNS and MS Exchange
- VLANs, Network balancing & troubleshooting, Access points, Switches, Security appliances, Office 365/MDM management, Windows 7 and 10
- Ability to explain or teach technical procedure to non-technical users
- Ability to play close attention to details while performing technically detailed tasks
- Ability in learning quickly on the job and keeping up with technology changes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent and accurate documentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team with minimal supervision.