- Contract To Hire
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Job ID:
- Blake Gilbert
?A growing organization in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a 0-2 entry level Junior Accountant. The organization is hoping that the successful candidate will continue to take on more responsibility within 6-12 months and have the mindset of striving towards a Senior role with the company.
- Maintains financial records for subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years’ related experience preferred
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient with ERP systems, including Microsoft Office
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effective
Contact Blake Gilbert @ email@example.com