- Direct Hire
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Job ID:
- Amanda Sullivan
We are seeking an experienced back end software application developer with solid coding skills and web services. You will collaborate with architects, engineers, QE and Operations teams to build solutions in the investment services domain. Lead and estimate engineering effort, plan implementations, and rollout for applications with implications to cross-functional teams including Research, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Operations etc. to develop great software that meets market needs with respect to functionality, reliability, performance, scalability etc.
You must have a passion for good design and be willing to work hard in a fast paced diverse work environment, collaborating with other cross functional team with minimal supervision.
- Design, develop and support projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Participate in all aspects of PDLC including requirement/design reviews as well as code reviews.
- Create testing harness/infrastructure/test cases/Automation geared towards ensuring quality of the product
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Lead product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members
- Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
- Share release management duties on feature rollouts,
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Experience must include the following: Java, J2EE, SOA services, Design Patterns, Object Oriented Concepts, Data Structures, XML, Web technologies and internet protocols (1 yr.);
- Database driven application development such as Oracle, SQL or schema design (1 yr.); XML Schemas, HTML, AJAX, SOA and WSDL (1 yr.);
- Knowledge of Windows and UNIX development environment, source code management and bug tracking;
- Java application debugging and DB performance issues; IBM WebSphere or other J2EE application servers, such as: IDE.
- Requires a technical degree or related work experience.
- Ability to think out of the box in solving real world problems.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.