- Contract To Hire
- Wayne, Pennsylvania
- Job ID:
- Amanda Gallone
Sr. Accountant – Philadelphia
We are currently working with a growing company in the greater Philadelphia area on a Sr. Accountant opportunity. The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for providing financial analysis, reporting, and general support to the controller and the Finance department. The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in month end close, budgeting, forecasting and financial statement prep.
- Tracks and analyzes key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster process improvements. Drives operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Prepares budgets and forecasts as directed by the controller
- Evaluates financial risks and opportunities by creating and reviewing operational and financial metrics
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Researches variance to budget and forecast through detailed operational and financial metrics and explains results
- Prepare fluctuation analysis of monthly operating results
- Compile, adjust and evaluate accruals to ensure accuracy; Record monthly journal entries in ERP system
- Monitor and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accurate financial information is presented to management at month-end
- Update monthly account reconciliations in support of ending asset and liability balances and research and resolve reconciling items
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Minimum of 4 years progressive accounting experience
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- CPA a big plus!
- Extensive experience with large ERP systems (SAP, Great Plains, Oracle)
- Self starter with strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of GAAP