- Contract To Hire
- Media, Pennsylvania
- Job ID:
- Ivy Saiia
Warehouse Supervisor – 2nd shift
firstPRO is hiring two Terminal Supervisors (2nd shift) to join a Global Logistics Company located in the Delaware County. This candidate reports to the Terminal Manager and lead a team of union employees to oversee the daily Dock/Terminal Operations such as vessel arrival, loading/unloading, manpower planning, and material handling. This is a 9 months’ contract opportunity with lucrative compensation, overtime, and potential to be hired permanent.
- Report to Terminal Manager to oversee daily Dock/Terminal Operations.
- Work with Operations Manager to schedule arrival and departing vessels; plan and schedule manpower based on warehouse space and vessel schedule.
- Conduct daily kicks-off meeting with union employees prior to the start shift to assign workload and schedule, discuss safety policy, etc.
- Supervise a team of union workers on cargo/container unloading, loading, forklift operation material handling, etc.
- Ensure compliance of safety and logistic compliance across department
- Provide support to the subordinates and mentorship to all hourly employees
- Generate management reports pertaining labor performance, attendance, and conduct time keeping for payroll.
- High school diploma, higher education desired.
- Former Marine or Military candidates desired.
- Flexible on work schedule, open to work 2nd shifts, and able to work on weekends as on-call basis.
- Able to work in an outdoor or non-climate control environment.
- Excellent leadership and people skills.
- Recent work experience in Logistic Operations, Terminal Operations, Warehouse Operations, Import/Export.
- Computer literacy is a must, proficient with Excel and Word.
- Able to pass background check and drug screen, able to obtain a TWIC Card (company reimburse cost)
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- $25 to $28 an hour, plus over time, average 50 to 60 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, some Saturdays, 2nd shift